The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just posted two new articles in the continuing series on our 2000 Project Truck.

The first sets the stage for future oil testing and analysis along with introducing some products to make your oil changes a little simpler. The second article covers the installation and use of the Hypertech Power Programmer III for 2000 model trucks.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Oil Change Article
<LI>Hypertech PPIII Article
[/list]

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
2000 F-350 Crew Cab Dually Lariat 6-speed 4x4
Black/Tan 4.10LS Fully-Loaded

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Jason, do you feel that there is a sufficient difference in quality and ease of use between the two oil drain devices to justify the fact that the "EZ Drain" plug/tube costs more than double that of the Fumoto valve? What are the chances of a metallic particle lodging in the EZ Drain valve seat preventing a good seal? If that were to happen, is the cap sealed with an o-ring to prevent further leakage?

True, it would take a freak accident to knock off the Fumoto valve, but if you were to have such an accident, it would likely shear the EZ Drain valve as well, or at least punch a good hole in your pan. Personally, the EZ Drain valve looks like a good product if it weren't for what appears to be an excessively high price when compared to the Fumoto valve.

Also curious if there's a reason you don't mention product list prices in your reviews like other publications? Not to be taken as a jab to you, but I think it would help readers who aren't familiar with the products to make better comparisons, especially when you're reviewing similar products.

Steve.

------------------
If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?
'99.5 F350 CC DRW LWB Lariat, APCM, Triple Gauge Pillar, Transfer Flow 50g Aux Tank, Pullrite 25.5K, Turbo Temp Monitor, Stull Grille. Click here to check out my PSD pictures!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts