The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Now Folks around the world,

It's time to install some new blades on my multi-trillion dollar Miracle Van.

For those who do not know this, the stock blades on the van from the factory are the 20" Blades.

The Econoline Vans could actually use a 24" Blade to cover the entire glass Windshield. I believe you can use 26" Blades too, but for me I use the 24" Blades and it gives you so much more visibility in a downpour. I may try 26" next time for a fitment trial. 24" Blades are good. I will never go back to 20" Blades.

I like the Rain-X Latitude type blades. I also buy the Rain-X Treated Windex they sell, it cleans the glass good and coats it with the Rain-X in one application. You need to try it.

Most knowledgeable Pilots use the Windex Rain-X on the Airplanes and the water beads off just as good as a liquid Rain-X application. It comes in a yellow spray bottle.

Drive safe, check your blades, the summer heat is when most wipers fail.

Is Nunes still around?

Member since 2000. 7.3L, best engine ever.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also use the Donaldson DBL7405 Lube Filter , it's longer than the regular 7.3L oil filter, holds 3 quarts vs. 2 quarts and is 10 micron vs. 17 micron on most other filters. So when you do oil changes on the 7.3L you use all 4 gallons with this larger filter. It also gives me more room to use two FilterMAG RA-450 magnets on the oil filter. The larger filter helps to get 7500 plus miles on a change easy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts