The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a quiqley 4x4 e-series, had a new ford long block(new HPOP, injectors, IPR) installed around 150k. Right off the bat had issues with extended crank sometimes up to 20 seconds. I have not observed any patterns, sometimes it starts right up, sometimes it on a cold start, sometime a hot start, and no correlation with how long it was driven prior to shutdown. One time it would not start at all, I pretty much killed the batteries then called a tow truck. Went by the tow lot the next morning and it fired right up. Unfortunately the original motor blew up on a road trip so the guy who installed it is not local. I brought it to my local diesel mechanic and he could not find anything and said its most likely going to be a warranty issue with the motor. So its now been to two different ford dealers without any progress. First one the technician suspected the quigley remote oil filter was taking in air, but was backed up and never really put any time into it. I called quigley and asked if that part ever needs to be replaced or if they have ever heard of that causing an extended crank and they said no and no. The second one says it is starting fine so there is nothing they can do. The guy who installed it says the only time he has seen this issue without a code present is from a failing fuel pump. When it finally does fire the motor runs fine, if it was a fuel pump would there be a stutter or misfire? My local guy suggested leaving a scanner hooked up to verify ICP voltage when the issue is present. I have a scangauge which is capable of reading this so I will try that when I get it back from the dealer.

Anyone ever run into this or have any suggestions?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts