The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

AIRAID MXP Series Intake For 2011 6.7L Ford “Scorpion” Powerstroke Diesel Features :

* Large One-Piece Rotational-Molded Cold Air Box : Designed Specifically for Strength & Durability, and Ease of Installation.

* 1600-CFM AIRAID Premium Filter : Your Choice of Oiled or Non-Oiled Filtration Technology

* Huge 6” Intake Tube : Specifically Calibrated for Maximum Airflow and Proper MAF Functionality, No Check Engine Lights!

* Heat Shield : Keeps Heat Away From The Intake Tube

* ADD 11 Horsepower & 73 Ft/lbs of Torque, With NO-Tuning Required!

* All AIRAID Intake Systems are : Made in the U.S.A, Include High Quality Hardware, and come with easy to follow step by step installation instructions.

* All AIRAID Filters Include Our: Lifetime "No-Hassle" Warranty

* AIRAID Intake Part # 400-278 (Oiled) Fit's 2011 Ford Superduty Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

* AIRAID Intake Part # 401-278 (NON-Oiled) Fit’s 2011 Ford Superduty Powerstroke 6.7L Diesel

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi David, any issues with it sucking water on those rainy days? also, will it increase or decrease MPG?

Thanks in advance.

lnfidel
Hello lnfidel,

I have not heard of any issues with water ingestion.

Gains and Losses in MPG are all dependant on driving styles and driving condition.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
73 Posts
David how dare you!!!!!!

No seriously David, if driven the same 100 miles same everything, will the intake ADD mileage?

Obviously a stock systems mileage is all dependant on driving styles and driving condition.

So what is it? a yes it will yield some gains, who knows how much OR no you'll stay the same or actually loose mileage.

You'd think in this day and age with high fuel prices you'd be all over any type of gain, unless of course your product will actually cost me mileage

So what is it David?

Hello lnfidel,

I have not heard of any issues with water ingestion.

Gains and Losses in MPG are all dependant on driving styles and driving condition.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
David how dare you!!!!!!

No seriously David, if driven the same 100 miles same everything, will the intake ADD mileage?

Obviously a stock systems mileage is all dependant on driving styles and driving condition.

So what is it? a yes it will yield some gains, who knows how much OR no you'll stay the same or actually loose mileage.

You'd think in this day and age with high fuel prices you'd be all over any type of gain, unless of course your product will actually cost me mileage

So what is it David?
Hello lnfidel,

If you install the Intake and drive conservative, then Yes more than likely you will see an increase in MPG.

The problem is, most customers install the system, love the sound and power, end up putting there foot into more and then complain that it cost them mileage, and then act like they have not changed the driving style which obviously is not true.

you can drive the exact same mileage or the same route everyday, but that does not mean it's the same circumstances everyday. If you get stopped at a couple more lights, or if there is more stop and go traffic, or if you simply pass a vehicle or two on the freeway, the mileage is going to vary.

You will also want to manually calculate the mileage, and not go by the on board computer, as they have proven to not be very accurate. I have spoken to quite a few customers who saw a loss on the on board computer, but when they manually calculated, they saw a gain.

There are allot of variables that go into gains or losses, but the bottom line is that it's all dependent on driving styles and driving conditions, stock or modified.

Thanks,
David

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks David,

Good explanation, makes total sense. Thanks for addressing the question in a coherent fashion.

I drive conservatively 98% of the time. My trucks not a race car, I have race cars for racing about. My main use for the new truck is to pull my 5r from Edmonton to the Shuswaps where my Mother has a nice lake property on the lake. I don't have a monster trailer, only 31ft 11in weighing 10k lbs unloaded. I usually tow at 55 MPH and was looking for something that filters the incoming air good, gives me a bit more pop when I want to pull a duramax or cummins on a hill and will give me sightly better fuel economy when I am just cruising loaded /unloaded on the flats.

Just ordered the intake from my supplier this morning, will give it a try.

Thanks again David.

lnfidel

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks David,

Good explanation, makes total sense. Thanks for addressing the question in a coherent fashion.

I drive conservatively 98% of the time. My trucks not a race car, I have race cars for racing about. My main use for the new truck is to pull my 5r from Edmonton to the Shuswaps where my Mother has a nice lake property on the lake. I don't have a monster trailer, only 31ft 11in weighing 10k lbs unloaded. I usually tow at 55 MPH and was looking for something that filters the incoming air good, gives me a bit more pop when I want to pull a duramax or cummins on a hill and will give me sightly better fuel economy when I am just cruising loaded /unloaded on the flats.

Just ordered the intake from my supplier this morning, will give it a try.

Thanks again David.

lnfidel
Hello lnfidel,

Your very welcome!

I hope it works out well for you.

Thanks,
David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts