The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and my truck, and give you all a rundown of my experience and capabilities.

I purchased a 2000 F250 this weekend with 135k miles. 7.3 PSD with an automatic, 4WD, super cab with long bed. It will pretty much be my daily driver for the winter and a tow vehicle for a lightweight camper (5000 lbs) during the summer. I swear this truck looks like it just rolled out of the dealer. Someone in its past put some 33/12.5 tires on it on Weld Racing wheels. Don’t like them so they will likely go away for some stock wheels and slightly taller tires.

I’m a first time diesel owner myself but have done some research and have a little experience with friends and family who are diesel owners.

I’m mostly a leave it stock kind of guy but I do want to add a few gauges. Thinking about EGT, turbo boost pressure, and transmission temperature. Other than adding a shell (canopy/cap or whatever you call it in your neck of the woods) I’m not really interested in changing much except for the aforementioned tires right now. Eventually, I see a chip in my future.

I’m generally not afraid to dig into anything mechanical and almost anything electrical. I’m an engineer and specialize in controls and general mechanical design. I use a lot of prior experience and extrapolate to figure out stuff I don’t know about. But sometimes things do come along that trip me up and that’s where I’ll be asking questions.

I hope that in the long run my knowledge will increase and I’ll be able to give back to other newbs that come along. Thanks in advance for the help!!!

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sounds like a great find- post a picture when you get time.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Congrats! Sounds like a great truck! Looking forward to hearing more about it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here it is. 2000 Super Cab, Long Bed. White with Grey interior.

Like I said, not super happy with the wheel/tire combination. It has 33x12.50 tires on what looks like 10 inch Weld Racing wheels. Those are going to go sometime this winter when I'm running snow tires. I'd like to find some stock wheels in good condition and hook them up with something a little narrower, then lose the fender flares as well.

IMG_1919.JPEG

IMG_1922.JPEG

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Very nice! It’s amazing how well these Super Duty trucks hold up, I don’t see the “New” trucks being an improvement in style over these, IMO

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Wow thats a nice looker. You can't go wrong with a low mile 7.3. There are plenty of good mods on this site for that engine to improve on it's longevity, so do some reading and get ready to put some goodies on it. Hope you know you got yourself into trouble. LOL It all starts with those gauges. Check out Dieselsite for some goodies there.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Thanks for the pix! Looks nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts