The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking it would be nice to have a place where we could discuss diesel (et.al.) subject that are more applicable to the ford truck and region we live or are going to visit. For instance, where to get the best price on diesel, where to buy accessories/parts, get togethers, etc. If possible, there would be a major forum labeled something like regional issue with sub-forums (50+) for each state and/or country. Each region could be administered by some local volunteer. Don't know how much work it would take though. Is this even practical? What do you guys/gals think?

------------------
99.5 F350 SC Lariat, LWB/SRW, 4x4, Man hubs, ABS, auto, CD,3 guage A pillar
Trailer/camper/off road, Ltd. slip, Ord 1/99, Built&Delivered 4/99
Pulling '99 Sunnybrook 30RLFS(7100 lbs. dry), Inyati liner, Donated 2/99

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
1. I think it would create a tremendous amount of labor for Jason & Crew.

2. It would fragment the information we have come to expect from this site, making it real hard to learn what other members can offer.

------------------
Mike Hardin,
99.5 F250, SC, PSD, XLT, Oxford White, J&J Grill, PIAA Driving Lights.
Sierra Blanca II, Born 1/99, Prodigy of FOMOCO & Navistar.
Cousin to the Original Sierra Blanca Owned by Smokey Wren.
Both a "White Mountain of a Truck"!

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
Nah. I prefer it just the way Jason has it organized right now. If there threads that don't interest you, then don't read them.

If the Maine-iacs decide to have a get-together next summer, I might decide to crank up the ole PSD and join them way up there in Yankee Land.

If the BC Canuks decide to have a get-together next summer, I might decide to crank up the ole PSD and join them way up there in Santa Land.

If the Cajons down on the delta decide to have a get-together next summer, I'll probably decide to ignore that post and dodge the heat and humidity.

------------------
Smokey Wren in Midland County, Texas, with Sierra Blanca - the white mountain of a '99.5 F250 diesel-powered CrewCab

Question of the day: Have you mailed your donation to Ford-Diesel.com this year?

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Question of the day? Yes, I've made my donation this year, but Jason has yet to acknowledge any donations since the drive to upgrade the system. Sure wish I'd been on that, but I didn't know the site existed then.

------------------
Mike Hardin,
99.5 F250, SC, PSD, XLT, Oxford White, J&J Grill, PIAA Driving Lights.
Sierra Blanca II, Born 1/99, Prodigy of FOMOCO & Navistar.
Cousin to the Original Sierra Blanca Owned by Smokey Wren.
Both a "White Mountain of a Truck"!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I like the idea of regional forums, but I would agree that it may be a pain for Jason and crew.

However, I disagree that it wouldn't be useful. It would be nice to talk to communicate with all from Utah about where they are getting good service, etc. I have seen posts from a few in Utah.

I also think it would unclutter the main Powerstroke forum. If someone from Texas or the north-east wants to know dealers in their specific area, I don't particularly care about the question or answer, since it doesn't pertain to me.

Maybe not by state, but by slightly larger geographical regions (Mountain west, Great Plains, New England, South, etc.) Maybe by timezone.

------------------
Jeff Vincent
------------------
2000 F350 XLT 4x4 Crew Cab PU DRW/172 Oxford White
Packages: 627A, 52N, 649, 99F, 449, T35, X61, 153, 18L, 205, 213, 41H, 428, 433, 512, 531, 532, 54E, 55R, 552, 58K, 62R, 86R, 90P, 924, 948, 96P
BORN - 10/3/1999
10/21/1999 - Home at last!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I agree that the current form is preferable. Even Californian's sometimes have something useful to say that I might want to read!

Smokey - be careful, once you come to Maine you won't ever be happy anywhere else.

------------------
2000 F250 SD CC 172" WB 4x4 Lariat,Dp Wdgwood Blue/Harvest Gold, PSD, 6SP, TT, 54E Telescoping mirrors, ESOF, LS, Capt Chairs, CD, etc.
Added BedRug, Mud Flaps,ISSPRO Pyro/Boost Guages, A-Pillar Mount, Ford Fog Lights and Excursion Cup Holders.
Extang Black Max Tonneau FOR SALE (see For Sale area), switching to cap
Ordered: 7/26/99, Built 9/21, Shipped via rail 9/29, At the Ramp 10/7, At dealer 10/14, at Home 10/15!!

[This message has been edited by jwhunt3 (edited 12-06-1999).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts