The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
171 Posts
It's funny this question came up. I was about out of fuel and had to stop at a new Citgo 30 miles from home. Anyway, the tag read: "This is the new EPA approved Low Sulfur diesel fuel for 2007". I would like to get some info in this new low sulfur fuel and how it's going to effect our trucks. Mainly, performance, lubricity and cetane. I'm thinking it going to be worse than what we are using now?

· Registered
27 Posts
Here's a reasonably informative <font color="blue"> Q&A Publication </font> from BP America's PR Division.

· Registered
193 Posts
Here is a recent thread on this topic. Note particularly AutoJim's thorough explanation.
new diesel fuel

· Registered
343 Posts
The BP publication is pretty good. The lubricity issue appears to be answered. It was our only concern when testing ULSD.

Our own in-house comparisons of ULS #1D to Low Sulfur #1D showed no change in BTU's per gallon and no measureable ill-effects to engine operation. Our local supply refinery's Low Sulfur #1D was <200 ppm. We use approximately 1,000,000 gallons per year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.