The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here and first time posting. Just bought a 2011 F250 6.7. Tail lights and head lights went out. Still had markers and mirror lights. Wouldn’t you know now those are out too. Anyone had this happen??

·
Registered
787 Posts
Welcome to the board. So have you done any basic troubleshooting? Fuses? Loose wires? Was everything working fine before? Did you do anything to the truck prior to the lights going out (mods, maintenance, etc.)? Tell us a bit more so we can help you narrow it down.

·
Registered
5,057 Posts
Just be advised that all of the lighting is module controlled, involves two modules, the main light switch and a communications network. This is important to know since you have total lighting system failures. Diagnosis should begin with a scan tool.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The lights were working, head and tail lights just quit. I turned the switch off and back on and just the mirror and marker lights were on. Turned it off and back on and nothing works. Didn’t go any further yet. I just got the truck Sunday so I don’t know much about it. Someone did put LED lights in the grill, don’t see a switch for those so I assume they are wired in with the head lights.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If you got this truck from a dealer just take it back and let them fix it. If from private party than follow Ford Doctors advice.

·
Registered
412 Posts
i hope you stole it if no wty, i just bought a 16 and made dang sure it had a wty on it before i got in it and left - im not technician so take it to oreilly or somewhere that can scan it if you dont want to pay the ford cost, not sure if they can tell you much but cant hurt for free

1 - 7 of 7 Posts