The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fairly new to the 6.7 powerstroke world. Built a couple 6.0s and traded off my 6.7 cummins on a 2011 f350 lariat. Had it for about 5months so far. Definitely thinking I'll be sticking with Fords

Sent from a Well Head

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What makes you definitely think of sticking with Fords?

For what I do it fits. Comfortable interior with plenty of room for family and to work out of. One of the better rides I've had in a 2500 or 3500. Ford has always had a decent auto. From what I can tell the ones behind these 6.7s are pretty stout. And the 6.7 itself is actually pretty impressive stock.
Probably won't go dodge again unless I'm buying it just to be a dedicated pull truck, or play toy. Even then only for the cummins and manual transmission. The ride on these rig roads is horrible. Just beats the crap out of you.
Chevy... Won't go that route mainly cuz I've never been a fan. The IFS isn't tough enough for what I put my trucks through. And I'm not sold on the duramax. The last Chevy I had started falling apart just driving down rough city streets, don't think it'd stand up long going back and forth to locations every day.
Now if I had the money, I'd love to put a cummins and the Aisin in this one. But at the same time I see a lot of potential in this powerstroke too.

Sent from a Well Head

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just drove it home tonight. From Parker all the way to Longmont.
There is a hill on I-25 just North of 119. With the cruise on, it just ate it up - same speed, same RPM. Of course this is with NO load. The REAL test will be with the truck camper on and pulling the boat.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just drove it home tonight. From Parker all the way to Longmont.

There is a hill on I-25 just North of 119. With the cruise on, it just ate it up - same speed, same RPM. Of course this is with NO load. The REAL test will be with the truck camper on and pulling the boat.

Nice. I know the drive. Congrats on the new truck. I had a issue with mine pulling my dads fifth wheel, all tanks empty, no added weight, over vail when I first got mine. It derated and cut power on me. Oil cooler wasn't doing its job that well is what the dealer told me. They fixed it and my next trip over with mine, full water and all my work gear, I had absolutely no problems.

Sent from a Well Head

1 - 10 of 10 Posts