The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well bought a new to me truck. Maybe a half a truck. It's missing the bed. It's an 02 f350 4x4 supercab. Interior is super clean. Because it's missing the bed it wasn't road legal so my test drive was up to 35mph in the dealer lot. It has 200000 miles and I paid $3900. Hopefully it wasn't a mistake, I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm not a mechanic but I've done an oil and power steering change. Shift plunger was broke so replaced that, plunger spring and sleeve bushings. Found cracked threads on the fuel pressure regulator so I ordered a new one from diesel o rings. I'm waiting on the regulator so it's not running but when it was I had quite a bit of white smoke that clears when it warms up. Is this normal? Could it be caused by the regulator leaking? Or maybe old diesel from sitting. What else should I change / check? Any recommendations on where to start modding if going for longevity / mpg?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Welcome to the forum, one thing for sure the price is right. Paid over 10k for my 2002.

Good pick up on the Fuel regulator. The white smoke might be cause from the GP's system not working correctly.

For first mod: intake, exhaust, gauge and chip would be the smart thing to do first

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome and tip. Cracked thread wasn't too hard to find. First thought it was the compression sleeve. I replaced that and then it really started spraying fuel. Luckily it is right on top.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts