The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the 6.0 world, previously owned two OBS 7.3's and just got a new pickup. Bone stock 2005 F250 6.0 4WD, truck has 176k miles. I put a 4inch MBRP exhaust, turbo back and that's all that is done to the truck. I don't have a **** ton of money to dump into the truck, as I'm a 17 year old kid still in school, working to pay a $250 monthly truck payment. My plan is to save up and buy ARP head studs and dedicate a weekend to installing them myself (with the help of a friend and his dad who is a diesel mechanic and fellow 6.0 owner). Since I don't have the money upfront to poor into the truck, I'm looking for little tips/pointers to of things I can do/check to keep the truck in good running order and preventing things that can go bad, from going bad. Best kind of oil to run, oil filter, fuel filter, coolant, tranny fluid, gear oil? I've read up a little bit and have found not to use WIX filters and stick with MotorCraft? Also RedLine transmission fluid? Haven't really read up on Coolant or gear oil yet. Any little tips/pointers or things that'll help are very appreciated! Thanks guys!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts