The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed a new HPOP on a 6.0L Diesel 2004 year model… engine won’t run after putting it back together and it sounds like it has a whine to it. Everything was torqued down and I followed Diesel Tech Ron’s steps, I have don’t this before but I installed a new oil cooler and egr cooler about 100k miles ago.. I’ve noticed as well when I turn key on I always hear a buzzing down and another sound I can really describe but it doesn’t sound right.. sounds weak.. Ficm had 50.0 volts .. not sure what else to do.
Sleeve Wood Font Electric blue Tool

· Registered
5,906 Posts
Charge your batteries and load test them individually. It sounds like you do not have enough rpms to start. Replace batteries if they test bad. Test the alternator if batteries test good.

· Registered
5,906 Posts
............. or just keep trying what you have been trying

· Registered
5,906 Posts
A battery that load tests as bad can be charged a dozen times and still not perform (and it can certainly show good voltage in a STATIC test). Load testing is important vs charging and ONLY measuring the volts.. After that, the bottom line to starting is the cranking rpms that you need. You need 150 minimum. You were not showing that you were getting that before. You STILL may not be getting that, but the data needs to be posted. IF the batteries are good (which IMO is STILL an unknown without a load test), then maybe an accessory is dragging, who knows. Troubleshooting is a step-wise process.

You certainly may have checked the batteries out thoroughly, but your post does not reflect that.

EDIT - Something seems top be seriously wrong with your cranking and you need to methodically rule out the possible issues by proper testing. If you are insisting the batteries are good, then do whatever you know to do to rule out a starter issue. Personally I watch the rpm signal when cranking, but you have yet to even respond on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts