The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked an 2002 Excursion. The truck has a 38R Garret turbo, intake, 4" stainless turbo back and bigger inner cooler "not sure of brand yet". It came with an SCT and i'm not sure what the programs that are on it. Who is someone that can help me out with this? I don't want anything crazy just want to utilize to the best benifit of the add on's. Trans was built by twisted diesel. Is their anything else mod wise i should do? Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
14,489 Posts
Your best bet would be to talk to Jacob or Jody at DP-Tuner about some custom tunes that can best coordinate with your setup. Much better than the canned tunes in the SCT chip. Diesel tuning products for Ford PowerStroke

A Ford Severe Duty AIS would be a good intake upgrade.

Also, its an intercooler - not inner cooler. Probably an autocorrect moment...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a big fan of DP Tuner. Had a F-5 on my 97 250 and didn't care for the way it shifted. Thanks for the spelling correction on intercooler. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
14,489 Posts
I think you will find a huge improvement over time with any tech company. I've got multiple programs of his on my 03 and it runs and drives like a dream. Of any of the upgrades I've done to this truck, that would be the one I'd fight you for.

If you can't get over the past bad experience, try PHP or TW - any of the custom writers. The problem with canned tunes is they are a compromise to accomodate the average. They won't take advantage of your upgrades.

Why don't you PM caryt on this site - he carries several tunes that would be perfect for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts