The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
Nick, you can switch it back to The Diesel Stop Classic style like it was before in the user options part of the user control panel (CP)

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
I guess I could probably get used to the new one, but I went back to the classic. I'm glad I could turn off the sidebar in the new one though as that is super annoying (gotta pay the bills I guess). The main thing that I really hate is it looks like we lost all the old links for articles, FAQs, Tips & Tricks, General Info, etc. There was a lot of good info there that we could link to in posts. Every time they do one of these upgrades, we lose a ton of good info (like when we lost the ability to search the old FD.com archives). Cheers!

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
I guess I could probably get used to the new one, but I went back to the classic. I'm glad I could turn off the sidebar in the new one though as that is super annoying (gotta pay the bills I guess). The main thing that I really hate is it looks like we lost all the old links for articles, FAQs, Tips & Tricks, General Info, etc. There was a lot of good info there that we could link to in posts. Every time they do one of these upgrades, we lose a ton of good info (like when we lost the ability to search the old FD.com archives). Cheers!
Patrick, don't scare me like that. You just gave me a lot more gray hairs of the hairs that I have left.

Thankfully they are not gone but they are hid real well. Follow this link and bookmark it and you will be back in business. I as well as others would be lost without some of these pages. I'm just glad that I had some of them bookmarked so that I could get to them.

AG Jeff:

Could we get a page or something on the new forums that goes to the pages that I linked for Patrick? There is so much information on those links on that page and it would be miserable if we lost them.

·
Administrator
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Patrick, don't scare me like that. You just gave me a lot more gray hairs of the hairs that I have left.

Thankfully they are not gone but they are hid real well. Follow this link and bookmark it and you will be back in business. I as well as others would be lost without some of these pages. I'm just glad that I had some of them bookmarked so that I could get to them.

AG Jeff:

Could we get a page or something on the new forums that goes to the pages that I linked for Patrick? There is so much information on those links on that page and it would be miserable if we lost them.
Thanks for the feedback all,

No fear we still have all that info up top, check under:

Tools > QuickLinks >

TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

Jeff

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
Thanks for the feedback all,

No fear we still have all that info up top, check under:

Tools > QuickLinks >

TheDieselStop.Com - www.thedieselstop.com

Jeff
Jeff:

When I am in classic mode there is no "tools" link but there is a "quick links" in the tool bar. However there is no link to the old "links" tag in the "quick links" tab that is in the classic skin. Now if I go back to the new format then there is a "tools"--"Quick Links"--"Links" tab.

Wow that was a lot of links

·
Administrator
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Jeff:

When I am in classic mode there is no "tools" link but there is a "quick links" in the tool bar. However there is no link to the old "links" tag in the "quick links" tab that is in the classic skin. Now if I go back to the new format then there is a "tools"--"Quick Links"--"Links" tab.

Wow that was a lot of links
Hmmm, I think I need a drink to think about this one. lol

Can you screen shot what you are talking about, or what is it that you are missing between the two skins?

Jeff

·
Registered
724 Posts
It needs some getting used too, but i do like the older style, displaying the older powerstrokes 6.0's, 7.3, OBS 7.3, and a 6.4 on the top of page. I also like how the supporting member "stars" badge used to show up. I do like the garage feature. And mentioning feature.

·
Administrator
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
It needs some getting used too, but i do like the older style, displaying the older powerstrokes 6.0's, 7.3, OBS 7.3, and a 6.4 on the top of page. I also like how the supporting member "stars" badge used to show up. I do like the garage feature. And mentioning feature.
Let me check and get the badges recovered for ya.

Jeff

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
Hmmm, I think I need a drink to think about this one. lol

Can you screen shot what you are talking about, or what is it that you are missing between the two skins?

Jeff
OK,

The first two screen shots are off of the "Classic" skin.
In the gray tool bar you will see no "Tools" heading but it does have "Quick Links"
But when I open the Quick Links in the Classic mode there is no link to the old "Links" page

The next two screen shots are off of the new forum skin.
In the gray tool bar it does have the "Tools" heading and then after clicking on it you can to to Quick Links and then to the Links page for the old information.

Attachments

·
Registered
724 Posts

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
Here is an embarrassing admission but an important adminition: Since the original owner sold the website and
it was converted to V-bulletin I have never entered the forums. I have only perused the active threads page. Now that the main URL / landing page does not even give us that so I am even more disinterested in the diesel stop as a website. All I see is some ads... That is how it comes across. I love the community here... I like the software and skin update. But. Nobody comes here for articles or content. They come here for the forums and the interaction. Move the forums to the front. There is no other content worth looking at here. JMHO

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
Ford doctor, if you don't want to see the main forum home page just bookmark the forums page. That way when you open it the forums will be the first page that you see.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Two replies on my tablet, and they don't show on the "new posts" page. I refreshed page, exited TDS and came back.

Go to my phone and they are there. Any ideas? Never happened before.

·
Administrator
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Jeff, another issue for iPad users is that you can only attach one thumbnail at a time vs being able to have multiple lined up like bugman has in his reply.
Is this in the drag and drop, more info on the device, software, etc.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Administrator
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Here is an embarrassing admission but an important adminition: Since the original owner sold the website and
it was converted to V-bulletin I have never entered the forums. I have only perused the active threads page. Now that the main URL / landing page does not even give us that so I am even more disinterested in the diesel stop as a website. All I see is some ads... That is how it comes across. I love the community here... I like the software and skin update. But. Nobody comes here for articles or content. They come here for the forums and the interaction. Move the forums to the front. There is no other content worth looking at here. JMHO
10-4, understood and thanks for sharing.

Just bookmark and enter here to avoid the "Soft, Noob" homepage and get to the meat. We have to have something like that to attract the OEM's and new members.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/

Jeff

21 - 40 of 60 Posts