The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure when but for has a new thermo with a rubberiz d gasket attached. My question is with the new design , do you still need to use rev around the base?

·
Premium Member
1,415 Posts
Not sure when but for has a new thermo with a rubberiz d gasket attached. My question is with the new design , do you still need to use rev around the base?
Well yes and no. You are not supposed to need to use RTV but I always use a TINY bit, just the thinnest layer I can spread with my pinky. I have a billit housing and they don't bend, had a tiny leak the first time but since using the tiny bit of RTV no more leak.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Well yes and no. You are not supposed to need to use RTV but I always use a TINY bit, just the thinnest layer I can spread with my pinky. I have a billit housing and they don't bend, had a tiny leak the first time but since using the tiny bit of RTV no more leak.
I have the same housing and I used a little RTV also...I don't think it hurts anything to do that and I didn't want to take it apart again if I had a leak without it. Just my 2 cents. :winking:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts