The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2011 f250 King Ranch Fx4. Everything is great except that the clearance lights and the mirror running lights are not working. The mirror turn signals are working, as are all the other ambers, turn signals, license plate lights, fog lights. I have checked the fuses f21, f22, and they are all good (cjb and engine bay box). I have dug through the forums for some help and haven't found any solutions yet, so I thought I would ask myself. I have tested the wiring at the lights with a test light, and they are not getting power. I dropped the headliner and traced the wire from the clearance lights back down the driver side A pillar down to the floor board and see it is tapped into a yellow w/ green tracer wire. I tested this wire and I get no power. Out of suspension of where this wire was going I pulled the rear tail light and see three wires, one being a yellow w/ green tracer. This light does not test as hot, however the tail light and all functions work properly, so Im confused on that one. I am guessing that these lights (stock issue) were aftermarket additions. Im not sure why they are tapped into that specific wire. Also not sure if the clearance lights not working are tied into the mirror running lights not working. Im going to unsplice the wires tonight and run a test wire to a wire that I know is hot and see if they turn on. Any help or advise on this would be great as Im just about out of ideas. Thanks

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Check fuse F40 in the BCM, it is the fuse for the lights that you posted are not working. By the wiring diagram the power wire from this fuse is yellow with a green strip.

Are you sure that the yellow wire in the tail light had a green stripe and not blue?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after tracking and testing all the wiring and working from the mirror backwards I found the issue. Fuse......of course. However it was none of the fuses that were suggested. MPD56 it may be the one you suggested I forgot to look to see what number it was. After determining that none of the wiring on the door side if the fuse box was getting power, I decided I had to have missed something, so I just started pulling fuses one by one until I found a blown one. about 20 fuses in I found the culprit. It is a lone 10 amp fuse all by itself next to a relay box, not in the rows of all the other fuses. Anyways, popped in a new fuse and viola, we have lights!!!! Always the simplest answer.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Glad you got it working. Sometimes the cause is the best answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this same problem; i checked the marker lights fuse and it was fine. What was blown was the fuse for the marker light relay. Swapped that fuse and everything was good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts