The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share how impressed I am with my new 2017 F-350. Wow, the technology on these trucks is staggering. I absolutely love the 6 camera system, Sync 3 and the power tailgate. Probably the one item I like the most over my 2015 is Ford moved the tailgate step - great idea!

I have been driving Diesel Ford Trucks since 1988. I have had some very good ones, and one not so great 6.0.
I have come to terms with all the emission control items that are on the new generation diesels; I am not ok with it, but it is a fact of life if you want to buy a new truck and keep your warranty.
I am very hopefully for many happy miles ahead. My recommendation to those who are looking at new trucks would be to not to be afraid of a new year model. I had the 1st year of several "new releases" and only had one truck let me down.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Congrats!! Lets see a picture!

·
Registered
638 Posts
That looks very nice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you, much appreciated. I will pull my first gooseneck trailer with the new truck tomorrow.
Man, this truck is tall. I would imagine 3-4" taller than my 2015 f-350. I did a "dry run" with my 32' dual tandem dovetail trailer last weekend and had to raise the trailer by 10 full cranks on a jacks to get under it with the truck. It would have been super embarrassing, not to mention difficult to explain to the wife, if I would have cratered the tailgate on a new truck with all those cameras! It's going to take some time to get accustomed to the technology.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Yeah, the bed and bed rails are all way taller! No wonder they put a step in the tailgate, which doesn't do you much good once you're hooked to a gooseneck!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Congrats! David

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
She didn't disappoint. I only pulled around 11,000 pounds yesterday and the truck didn't break a sweat.

Something else I noticed, Ford did something to the rear suspension in a good kind of way. This same load on my '15 would have defiantly made the overload leaf springs contact the bump stops; this didn't happen on my '17. The stiffer/stronger frame is also noticeable.

Be prepared to lower the adjustable necks on Gooseneck trailers. I came really close to making contact with the bed sides while going across a cattle guard with a fairly steep departure angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Beautiful truck. Nice color.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Thank you, much appreciated. I will pull my first gooseneck trailer with the new truck tomorrow.
Man, this truck is tall. I would imagine 3-4" taller than my 2015 f-350. I did a "dry run" with my 32' dual tandem dovetail trailer last weekend and had to raise the trailer by 10 full cranks on a jacks to get under it with the truck. It would have been super embarrassing, not to mention difficult to explain to the wife, if I would have cratered the tailgate on a new truck with all those cameras! It's going to take some time to get accustomed to the technology.
I changed the rear blocks from 3" to 2", truck still has about 3" of rake. I have air bags to adjust up for my 5th wheeler if needed. The technology is over the top, has a 2015 F150 so I have had alot of the new tech. I wish we could change default camera settings, too many choices.

·
Registered
638 Posts
She didn't disappoint. I only pulled around 11,000 pounds yesterday and the truck didn't break a sweat.
Something about that photo just looks right!!! Straight out of a Ford ad!!

I spent a fair amount of time and a little extra money buying a ball mount for my 14k bumper pull trailer for my '02 PSD. I am a little worried that it won't have enough drop for this truck!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts