The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking at a 00 f250 with a powerstoke diesel and a 6 speed manual trans i will be towing a 24ft travel trailer of some 5500lbs. could anyone shed some light on the mpg you can get for one of these engines both towing and running empty. i am driving a f150 with the 300cid six and 5speed manual trans and it pulls this trailer very well at a speed of 65mph at about 10mpg but i live in florida (a flat lander) i want to travel up to the mountains and camp i think i will have more control with this truck.

------------------
Chucky [email protected] Glue Factory

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Chuck:

First, Welcome to the Site! You can find out almost anything you'd want to know about your future truck here, as well as some stuff you'd probably rather not know.

This site is divided into several different forums that address a specific area of interest about our trucks. Your question would get better response if it were posted in the "Towing and Hauling" forum. Any minute now, one of our fine moderators will come along and move your question there.

One word of advice, GET THE TRUCK! (or a bigger one if that is what you need) You'll love it.

Mike

[This message has been edited by mhardin (edited 09-20-2000).]

·
Registered
729 Posts
Chuck

Nowhere near similar, but I drive an F-250, auto, PSD, pulling an 8000# 28' trailer in hilly country. I get about 10-12 mpg in that terrain. Maybe you can judge from there.

------------------
1999 F250, Hunter Green, XLT, Auto, SC, SB, SRW, 4X4, Tow & Off-Road Package, Pace Edwards Roll-Top cover. Built 6/98. 2001 F-350 Toreador Red, 6-speed manual on order.
1998 Wilderness 28' 5th Wheel Trailer & a spoiled rotten Dalmatian

[This message has been edited by jsing (edited 09-20-2000).]

·
Premium Member
18,870 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts