The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any 6.0's out there as leftovers sitting on lots or am I stuck getting into a new 6.4 motor ?

Thanks

·
Registered
740 Posts
There is one 4x4 crew cab already lifted here in Hollister Ca. It has been sitting awhile, and the price on it is high IMO. Call them, and see if they will deal on it.

·
Super Moderator
18,870 Posts
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SZAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any 6.0's out there as leftovers sitting on lots ... </div></div>

Very few if any. The 2008s have been available for almost a year, so any leftover 2007s would be a real drag on any dealer's profit. The last ones around here went out the door about 6 months ago. I checked inventory at 3 dealers within 50 miles, and they all had 2007 leftovers in F-150 and other Fords, but no SuperDuties.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FirstLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow. Is there a particular reason you want a 6.0? </div></div> I just figured that the 6.0 had most of the bugs worked out and I am sure the 6.4 is going to be going through a problem phase like every new motor

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SmokeyWren</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SZAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are there any 6.0's out there as leftovers sitting on lots ... </div></div>

Very few if any. The 2008s have been available for almost a year, so any leftover 2007s would be a real drag on any dealer's profit. The last ones around here went out the door about 6 months ago. I checked inventory at 3 dealers within 50 miles, and they all had 2007 leftovers in F-150 and other Fords, but no SuperDuties. </div></div> Thanks Smokey thats what I thought same in my area

·
Registered
62 Posts
Just looking at a place called sheehy ford in richmond, they have a few 07s that look to be diesel, but they are all work truck trim.

·
Registered
556 Posts
We havent seen any in the 6-8 state area since about 11 months ago. why would want one they were crappy.
I mean with that engines history wwhy would you want to go in to that can of worms....

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems that the 6.4 is having troubles so why not try to get into a 6.0 where I believe they had the bugs worked out

Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I happened to be looking around a couple of days ago and there were still some listed on dealers inventories but most were 2WD and XL's.

Another reason to get an 07 is that if you visit Mexico the ULSD isn't available there yet and might not be for some time. That is the big reason we searched out our 07 instead of going with an 08 truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts