The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What/who will give me the best bang for the buck? Im looking for a new turbo and looking to get rid of the ebpv and wastegate
I have a 2001 7.3 with the ts 6 position chip, tymar type intake and 4" turbo back straight pipe exhaust but stock injectors.
202k on truck but have a bit of slop on turbo shaft.

This is what im thinking:
Late 99 00 01 02 03 Ford 7 3 Turbo Powerstroke Super 100 Upgrade Turbocharger | eBay

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Buy van turbo.

Or rebuild your turbo. buy a 1.0 non wg housing and buy the adapter and call it good.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Van turbo, As in econoline?
Thanks, Rob

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Depending on your budget, you could go with a 38R and a new pedstal from RR , with the chip and exhaust and intake mods you have it would work great with stock sticks.
If your budget is less than a couple of K you should go with blue's advice and do the van turbo.
Good luck with your project.:smile2:

Reactions: robdog

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Good to see you googs!
The 38r is a good upgrade if youve got the cash, but a van turbo works great too

Reactions: robdog

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey can someone check out my thread please? Need some advice and haven't gotten any replys... erg. Desperate !

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Just checked for you , everything is coming through alright, you will get a better response if you post in the appropriate forum for 96 on trucks .
Good luck.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Good to see you googs!
Thanks blue.
I think Nick was right months ago , your like a blood hound on turbos , you can sniff a good turbo post out on any forum.>:)

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Haha maybe old friend!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts