4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2014 250 6.7 with 76,000
What to look to out for; concerning maintenance
Should I delete it

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Just run the OEM filters for one. Use the oil you prefer as long as it's up to the Ford standard. Ford provides a pretty extensive list so there's plenty to choose from. Make sure you are changing the fuel filters every 10k or so whatever works for you. Always use a quality fuel additive.

Deleting is optional. Some people will give plenty good reasons to stay stock, some same it helps the longevity of the motor. I can say I don't think there is a wrong answer. It's your call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ho
Just run the OEM filters for one. Use the oil you prefer as long as it's up to the Ford standard. Ford provides a pretty extensive list so there's plenty to choose from. Make sure you are changing the fuel filters every 10k or so whatever works for you. Always use a quality fuel additive.

Deleting is optional. Some people will give plenty good reasons to stay stock, some same it helps the longevity of the motor. I can say I don't think there is a wrong answer. It's your call.

How often do you recommend to change the OEM filter. I’m definitely planning on keeping this truck for years to come.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
There is an "oil monitoring system" built into the dash message center. This will pop a message when like 500 miles to go (or whatever), then at some point it will say Oil Change Due. Otherwise running 5,000 miles or 7,500 miles is a good oil change interval to use.

For the regen process there's two modes: Passive and Active. Passive happens while driving due to the conditions you are operating the truck. There's nothing for you to do or otherwise. Active regen will pop up a VERY short message on the dash display. You may notice a mild difference in how the vehicle is running. It generally lasts about 50+miles of driving depending on your speed. Just keep driving until the regen is completed is the best idea. There is a center dash display that you can have the dealer add (should be no cost) that shows the DPF% and will be a REALLY good indicator to watch to see when a regen is going to happen.

Manually activated regens are not really suggested to be performed unless absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about when it mentions cleaning exhaust filter. What should I do or how often does this display come on the onboard screen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts