The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,
Had a chance to pick up the family Farm Truck I have had my eye on since new.
Early 1999 F250 Super Duty 7.3 4x4 Crew Cab, Short Bed
The truck spent its entire life in Maryland, never used in bad weather only used to pull the horses around in a goose-neck. 120K on the clock, except for tires and brakes 100% original and unmolested. Luckily, it did see regular maintenance, unfortunately it has spent its entire life parked on grass.
Strangely enough the body is perfect, straight and rust free, like most the clear-coat is going away. Any unprotected surface under the truck has suffered due to the constant exposure to humidity.
It has made the trip to its new home in Tennessee and now it begins......
I have already begun the effort to make it safe and dependable, hence my becoming a member of this site.
A friend told me about The Diesel Stop who has been a member since 2004. He has likely grown tired of answering all my questions and wants to pull the entire membership into the task of dealing with me.
I'm an old guy, very mechanically capable, this is my first forum venture, so go easy on me.

·
Super Moderator
26,910 Posts
Welcome to TheDieselStop :)

We'll take good care of you and your truck. (y)

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Welcome! Thanks for joining! Looking forward to working with you to care for your excellent truck.

Reactions: 1999f-250superduty

·
Registered
555 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen. I bought a 1996 new and then ordered a 2001 when the rumour started floating around that Ford was going to discontinue the 7.3. I joined Jason's Powerstroke Page when I bought the '96. This is a good place - welcome.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts