The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel that there needs to be a "Newbie to PSD" FAQ section that explains some of the things that a new owner of a PSD should know. The Content section comes close, but some of the basic information is missing!

After climbing over and under my truck several times, I finally found where the fuel filter is. I still haven't found where the water seperator drain is. I consider myself to fairly knowledgeable on gas engines, but there is alot of that knowledge that just does not transfer to diesels. The fuel filter was totally not where I expected it!

Listening to some of the talk about where to purchase fuel, I figured, I better keep a spare fuel filter in the truck. After paying nearly $60 at the ford house, I found that DIS has a ROCOR filter for $15. Is the Rocor a good filter? Did I waste $45

Some other ideas for things that should go in the FAQ, would be turbo cool down, Maintenance suggestions, and so on.

I think that a "Newbie to PSD" FAQ would help some of the newbies, and probably reduce some of the repetitive topics in some of the forums.

Just a thought! And Yes, I am willing to help create it!

If this type of document already exists,

------------------
Dave Mimlitch [email protected]
http://www.innovationfirst.com

99 F250 SD PSD SC Light Prarie Tan, Med. Prarie Tan. Auto, Keyless entry, 3.73LS, Power Seat, Trailer tow, Cab Steps, Tow hooks, CD, TT Mirrors
Ordered 4/19/99
Build date 5/17/99
Arrived 6/2/99

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I think that would be a good idea, sorta like "Powerstrokes for Dummies©". I would also be willing to help out. I know a lot of people are being converted to the PSD "just because" and they might want to know how to keep it "just because".

SP

------------------
Shawn Pryde
1999 and 1/2 PSD CC LWB 2wd, with Black over Tan. No Modifications, yet...

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
I'll put this on my to-do list and see what I can come up with.

Jason

------------------
Ford-Diesel.Com Webmaster
1997 F-250 PSD 5-speed Banks Stinger-Plus

·
Registered
173 Posts
The Racor filter is the Ford OEM filter. So, yes, unfortunately, you did waste $45. The water separator drain is the yellow lever on the fuel filter housing.

Dave

·
Registered
35 Posts
DavidM....If you haven't tried the search feature then try that. It works really well. It's very helpful in trying to find old posts and so forth.

------------------

'99 SD CC PSD XLT 4X4 Dually
Born-on-date 2-22-99
Purchased 3-27-99
Ext.-Red/Int.-Tan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts