The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the front bucket seats in my 2001 Excursion and would like to get a 40/20/40 front seat from a 05-07 superduty. Has anyone swapped seats from a newer model truck into the excursions? Or from the 05-07 superduty trucks into the 99-05 supderduty trucks?

I'm not worried about the plugs matching up for the electrical as I can easily remedy that. I just want to make sure the mounting hardware/bolt holes line up.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for sharing. The day is coming when I'll need seats.

·
Registered
218 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
From my research (google) all superdutys, even the 2015 models will bolt down. though good look on any of the computer stuff from the 6.7 working without the bcm.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From my research (google) all superdutys, even the 2015 models will bolt down. though good look on any of the computer stuff from the 6.7 working without the bcm.
How are the motors and controls mounted? I'd be willing to swap the old electrics (motors/buttons/etc.) and remount to the new seats to make it work.

·
Premium Member
15,102 Posts
That will never happen. The underside of the seats looks like a space shuttle control panel wiring. What I had to do was track down the one power input wire and isolate it. I also had to bypass the computer. With that, I have full power seats but no electric butt warmers or seat a/c or air bags but I didn't want any of that.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Thanks. How is the quality compared to OEM? Back and cushion support is one of my top concerns.
Getting kind of frustrated on the new seats as I am still waiting for them. They said the leather I ordered was on back ordered. The charged my credit card eight weeks ago and the only contact I have from them is when I initiate it. Not sure how much longer I will wait to see if they ever make these seats...

·
Registered
225 Posts
You know, that is wrong. My understanding about CC rules is that they aren't supposed to actually charge your CC until the item has shipped. I would call MasterCard and inquire first, then give them a ring and ask why.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roger45, Sorry to hear your in that position.

I have to agree with you RJC2. That is what I have come to expect from all of my purchases for home and work with the credit card. You don't pay until the item ships.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts