The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, Everyone,

I'm not only new to this forum but I'm new to diesels, as well. I recently purchased a 2003 Ford F-350 Super Duty V-8 6.0L for use in towing our 29' fifth wheel trailer. We also just bought it, a 2010 model. So we are new all the way around, new truck, new RV and new to camping. What a chunk to chew off all at once.

I'm here to learn because I'm a completely blank slate right now. Yall tell me everything I need to know. I've posted in another thread (I think) about performance chips, wondering if they are really needed and if they are worth the money.

I hope to glean a lot of information from the members here, so help me out, please. Lord knows I surely do need it.

I'm a mustang Navy officer, Supply Corps. As an enlisted man, I was a CTOC (Cryptologic Technician for you non-Navy folks.) I enlisted in '65 and retired in '92. I was stationed in Iceland; Washington, D.C.; Hawaii; Japan; Puerto Rico; Newport, RI.; Athens, GA; San Diego; the Republic of Panama; and I retired here in Pensacola, Fl. I was stationed on USS FOX (CG-33) for 30 months. I've been here since '90, and have learned a few things about hurricanes. I've ridden several out right here at home. Now that we have an RV and tow vehicle, we may still ride some out here at home, depending upon how serious they become. But we're not counting on any hits here in the future. :smile2:

I look forward to getting to know you folks.

Thanks,
Bob de K4RDG, member of Five Flags Amateur Radio Association.

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Welcome to the Diesel Stop

Congrats on your new purchase, get ready for some adventures. I don't have a 6.0 but I've been towing a fifth wheel of some sort since 1989, ask away.

You should probably settle in with a large drink of your choice and then start looking at the 6.0 forum for information about chipping.

This isn't an RV forum, but tons of us are RV'rs so you'll probably be able to get those questions answered. I am a moderator of an RV forum and I am currently employed as an RV tech. RV specific questions might be better off in an RV forum, but if you PM me I will be happy to try to answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts