The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am very challenged mechanically. Trying to up my game with what this truck has put me through.

I have a 2013 F-250 6.7. Posting here because the engine is a Brand new 2019 with a 2019 Turbo.
Long Story short, turbo went out, had a 2019 turbo put on as a replacement. Shop I had do it, completely screwed the job up, I picked the truck up, drove it 30 miles and engine completely locked. (Lawsuit going on-they gave me nothing of my $5000 back with no help on damages caused)

Had another ”reputable shop” replace the engine with a brand new 2019 Longblock from ford parts, 2019 BrandNew Turbo from Ford parts, had everything redone.
$15,000 and 3k miles Later, I started to get coolant in my oil slowly. Coolant levels depleting slowly. Loud ticking in the engine. It’s been back to the same shop 4 times and they have an excuse for every problem such as “the milky oil must be from condensation in the crank when we had the engine off”. NOTHING is under warranty because the truck has been fully deleted since 40k miles. It is now at 150k.

As of yesterday, I was down 2 quarts of oil, coolant continuously added, heat stopped working same day, ticking noise is getting louder, and when I remove the oil fill cap you can hear a burst of air come out with white vapor/smoke
I’ve had such a run-around with this truck and have such a distaste in my mouth for shops right now I don’t know what to do. If anyone could help with suggestions to what could be going on I would appreciate it so much.

·
Registered
35 Posts
It could be a variety of things, head gasket, cracked head or block etc etc and sounds like no matter what, you going to rely on somebody else fixing it. Is the reputable shop at this point left you out to dry ?

Good luck and keep us posted

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just curious, how did a bad turbo turn into a locked up engine?

Is the reputable shop a ford dealership? Sometimes a reputable shop may be good when it comes to gassers and everyday cars but these trucks are complicated masters of wizard and even amoung ford dealers there are really really good ones and horrible ones that should have their license pulled.

stinks to hear about this, keep us in tune.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am very challenged mechanically. Trying to up my game with what this truck has put me through.

I have a 2013 F-250 6.7. Posting here because the engine is a Brand new 2019 with a 2019 Turbo.
Long Story short, turbo went out, had a 2019 turbo put on as a replacement. Shop I had do it, completely screwed the job up, I picked the truck up, drove it 30 miles and engine completely locked. (Lawsuit going on-they gave me nothing of my $5000 back with no help on damages caused)

Had another ”reputable shop” replace the engine with a brand new 2019 Longblock from ford parts, 2019 BrandNew Turbo from Ford parts, had everything redone.
$15,000 and 3k miles Later, I started to get coolant in my oil slowly. Coolant levels depleting slowly. Loud ticking in the engine. It’s been back to the same shop 4 times and they have an excuse for every problem such as “the milky oil must be from condensation in the crank when we had the engine off”. NOTHING is under warranty because the truck has been fully deleted since 40k miles. It is now at 150k.

As of yesterday, I was down 2 quarts of oil, coolant continuously added, heat stopped working same day, ticking noise is getting louder, and when I remove the oil fill cap you can hear a burst of air come out with white vapor/smoke
I’ve had such a run-around with this truck and have such a distaste in my mouth for shops right now I don’t know what to do. If anyone could help with suggestions to what could be going on I would appreciate it so much.
Why didn't you use your $20K ($15K + $5K) and buy a brand new truck instead of fixing your POS 2013? Here's my suggestion on what could be going on - I could be wrong, but wasting good money on a bad situation usually ends up the same - bad!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like this guys thought process.

20k is a nice down payment on a new truck. I put 30k down on mine and with the interest rates at 2.5%, borrowing the rest over 4-5 years is really not that bad. Plus you get a brand new truck with a 5 yr 100k powertrain warranty!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts