The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I currently have no reverse lights or cruise control. All of the fuses and relays are good. I replaced the switch on the drivers side of the trans. All the other exterior lights work. I turned the key to run, and put the truck in reverse, I get no power to fuse #5 under the hood. I'm guessing there at least needs to be power to this fuse before I get power at the reverse switch. Is it a broken wire that I need to find, or is there another component involved? Thanks
1995 F350 7.3 2wd

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I currently have no reverse lights or cruise control.
Since when? What happened just before you noticed this problem?
All of the fuses and relays are good.
Did you check the ones under the hood, AND the ones in the dash? Did you pull each fuse & test it? How did you test each relay?
I replaced the switch on the drivers side of the trans.
Why? When? With what (source, brand, PN)?
All the other exterior lights work.
Does the truck have any aftermarket lights? Who wired them in, and when?
...fuse #5 under the hood.
The fuses in the PDB under the hood have letters; not numbers.
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=46679
I'm guessing there at least needs to be power to this fuse...
Why guess? Look it up in the wiring diagrams:
Search Wiring Diagrams
Look at p.4, and then p.3 of this:
http://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/DownloadPdf?id=9879
Is it a broken wire that I need to find, or is there another component involved?
It's probably one of those. :winking:
If fuses 1 & 7 (dash) are hot in RUN, the fault is likely in C202. Even though your truck's has many differences, that circuit is most likely the same as shown here (pin 10):

That connector is partially hidden forward of the big Aluminum brace for the steering column & e-brake pedal, but it IS accessible without removing that brace. Its hole is partially visible in this pic, between the clutch pedal & the support around the EEC pocket:

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
FIRST - Automatic or manual transmission?

Actually, the owner's manual lists the underhood fuses numerically (even though the FSM lists them by letter; gotta love Ford....).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts