The Diesel Stop banner

No boost detected and low map sensor input

4K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  ford_doctor 
#1 ·
Haven’t driven my truck for about 2 months working overseas and waiting on a lift. Well I had a faulty ebp sensor code come up before then it cleared now I’m getting a no boost detected and a map input sensor code. However I was definitely getting boost just dident show up on my gauges then after I gave it a little more throttle it went up and performed like normal. However I usually get 0 boost at idle and now I’m getting 2-3. I believe the ebp sensor is bad. Stared having problems with it after cleaning it where I would have higher then normal boost then clean it again and after 500 miles or so I have to clean again. So my question is should I just replace ebp sensor or could this be a map problem?

#2 ·
Or you have a stuck turbo. To check your pressure sensors, KOEO, access the PCM and monitor the BARO (PRESS), EBP_A (PRESS) and MAP (PRESS) PIDs and is the EBP_A PID within 10.35 kPa (1.5 psi) of the MAP and BARO PID values? Check to see if the turbocharger actuator moves freely - do this with the ignition OFF.

#5 ·
Two more questions: What are the codes being set and do you have any leaks in the exhaust or the CAC systems? We used to see a lot of loose EBP sensor tubes. I would think thought if you are removing the sensor and cleaning it you would notice. That leads me to ask if it gets better after "cleaning" it it might just need to be replaced. I have come across both sensors being faulty but just a couple over the years.

#7 ·
I had p2262 and p0170. Weird thing is it said no boost but I definitely had boost I could hear the turbos and it ran perfectly then I gave it about 1/2 throttle and it started showing boost again and code won’t show up. 2 month ago or so I had a code for faulty ebp sensor however giving it more throttle again it cleared and was nothing but good for the 500 mile trip then my tire broke a belt and it’s been sitting for 2 months waiting on a lift and new tires. I feel like the ebp sensor is causing most of the issues definitely since I build boost at idle now where before it would always be 0. After cleaning it usually does get better for 300-400 miles

#6 ·
I had p2262 and p0170. Weird thing is it said no boost but I definitely had boost I could hear the turbos and it ran perfectly then I gave it about 1/2 throttle and it started showing boost again and code won’t show up. 2 month ago or so I had a code for faulty ebp sensor however giving it more throttle again it cleared and was nothing but good for the 500 mile trip then my tire broke a belt and it’s been sitting for 2 months waiting on a lift and new tires. I feel like the ebp sensor is causing most of the issues definitely since I build boost at idle now where before it would always be 0. After cleaning it usually does get better for 300-400 miles

#8 · (Edited)
DTC P0170 is not a good code - perhaps you mean P0107? That would make sense as it is defined "The MAP signal voltage is lower than a specified value indicating an open circuit or a short to ground." The P0107 would explain the P2262 code and the symptoms you are having. At this point I would forget about the EBP sensor and diagnose the MAP sensor circuits to the PCM and or replace the MAP as the code is telling you there is a circuit concern. If you can monitor the MAP voltage try wiggling the harness from the sensor to the PCM looking for obvious signs of damage - tap the sensor lightly too. If the voltage does not change or spike then try spinning in a new MAP and see how it goes.

#9 ·
Definitely the p0107. Going to change sensor because it’s cheap at the dealership and check wiring/volts. Quick question for baro pressure should it increase when accelerating? I’m only asking because I would think pressure would be higher under a load compared to idle. It’s reading a constant 14psi not going up or down no matter how I drive

#10 ·
No, BARO, which stands for "barometric" pressure measures the atmospheric pressure. It will only change with altitude and weather.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.