The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
In the next few years my mechanic says the dually will need a new box due to rust. For the past 4 years it's had a piece of plywood in it. The good thing is there's always plenty of new or like new dually box's out there.

The srw truck has a rust hole below the extended cab door that's about the size of a softball! 330K miles, it's been used a lot in the Winter. The rust started to get the size of a golf ball on the rear driver fender so instead of spending a bunch of money to fix rust that will just come back decided to put a set of bushwackers on it. Got them a few years prior for $100.

The odd things too about bringing older rust free pick up's and suv's up here is they seem to rust faster than normal.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well, all good things must come to an end; just loaded the Excursion onto a hauler that is taking it to it's new owner in Arizona.

I can't get over what an awesomely reliable truck it has been; 18 years and almost 280,000 miles and it has been in the shop exactly 3 times for issues; broken water pump at 200,000 miles, alternator went out at 220,000 miles and the right front wheel bearing at 260,000 miles...and that has been it!

Lots of good advice from guys on here starting back when this forum was still called "Ford-Diesel.Com" probably had a lot to do with keeping her running so smoothly as well as the good upgrades & maintenance, mostly done at Ken Grody Ford.

I'm gonna miss that rig...

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A shot from a few weeks ago with the Excursion & her replacement...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Thanks for keeping us up to date on your X. I hope that the new owner enjoys another 280,000 miles over the next 18 years or so.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks for keeping us up to date on your X. I hope that the new owner enjoys another 280,000 miles over the next 18 years or so.
Yeah...hope the new family gets good use out of it...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts