The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mornin all!
Sent my 97 psd (309k) in to the shop the other day for a "tune up"...In other words, have it put on the diagnostic computer to see if it is throwin any codes..
Still has the stock injectors, hpop that leaks along with the ipr seals, just waitin on warmer snowless weather beforen I dig in, figures I'd see if there was anything else I needed to address.
Got it back with a clean bill of health! No codes shown! only problem is, I had unplugged my EBPV and I had a cargo light burnt out with a melted harness..
Shouldn't this have shown a code or two?
Thanks in advance!
bo

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
What diagnostic tool is the shop using? Did it at least report a P1111 (for "all systems normal")? If not, it's not communicating. Shop should know that only a limited number of devices communicate with our trucks.

Cargo light won't throw a code. Our PCMs monitor the brake light switch, but other than that, there's no connection with the exterior lighting.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didn't go in..one of those drop early pickup late...
this place came highly recommended and they only work on diesels, therefore In assumed they would have the correct scanning tools, but can't say for sure.
Wasn't sure on the cargo light, but I thought for sure the unplugged ebpv would show something.
I guess the more I think about it, the more I'm puzzled, being the eternal pessimist (realist)that I am. A psd with 309k on stock injectors and they all buzzed good...no code when there is an emissions wire unplugged, just wondering if they hooked it up and didn't turn it on..lol..therefore, no codes!
hopefully, my suspicions are unfounded, just thought I'd come here for a little "positive re-enforcement!" looks like I am only gonna need to re-oring the injectors I have, re-seal the hpop and ipr and I am on my way....
BTW-Appreciate the tip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts