The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having problems with my snap on Solis edge not connecting to any of the modules except the pcm and pats system. No communication with abs, airbag, gem. I have checked the voltage and ground at all the pins with my meter and compared to what I’ve found online and also testing 2 other of my super duties and it seems off. Pin #7 is 5v with key off and 7.90v with key on. Pin 2 reads 180ohms key on or off. Pin 4 and 5 0ohm key on or off. Pin 16 battery voltage key on or off. Pin 10 is 0v key off and 5v key on. Any help or direction you could send me in would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
What year and model is this vehicle?????????????????? It makes a difference. You want help dontcha?

·
Registered
4,969 Posts
There are two networks in your truck - a high speed network that your PCM and (PATS) modules use and a medium speed network that most of the remaining modules use. It sounds like your medium speed network is down. I assume that you are using your Solis to diagnose a problem - could you explain that is happening with the truck? What is not working... warning indicators? Technically a 2001 Pickup application does not actually have PATS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the truck a few months ago. When I got it the abs and airbag lights were on and the speedo was broken. I checked the codes and it said vss was bad and the airbag dash switch was bad. I bought a new vss, airbag switch and instrument cluster. I installed the vss and light was still on. Removed dash face to install cluster and airbag switch and found that the headlight wiring into the main harness has been melted and had exposed wires. Bought a replacement harness, removed dash, installed new harness, re-assembled dash, installed new airbag switch and instrument cluster. Test drove truck, airbag light off, speedo working but abs light still on. Unplugged abs module and checked wiring, found bad wire on frame behind gas tank and connector corroded. Spliced in new vss wiring from cab back to axle and soldered in a new connector pigtail. Re checked wiring from abs plug to vss and it’s good. Hooked everything back up started truck, abs light still on. Hooked up scanner, reads the pcm but not any of the other modules. Checked plugs on other modules to make sure good connection. Checked data link and got the readings I posted above. Checked readings at the data link on 3 of my other super duties and they are all the same. I’ve checked all the plug connectors and ground connections in dash and there all good. So that’s where I’m at. I’m not sure if the high voltage reading on pin 7 at the data connector is the problem or not and I’m not sure what to look at or check next.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also, there are no other warning lights on the dash except the abs and all the gauges, lights and speedometer work. I can also hear the abs pump cycle when you turn the key to the on position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts