The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2009 F350 super duty fx4 with the 6.4 diesel. when try turn key get no response, no dash lights no dinging due to open door with key in ignition. if pull fuse 26(cluster and ign switch feed) and put back sometimes will crank.but then lights go out and when turn off truck will not start again. Fuse still.not blown.

any ideas

·
Super Moderator
25,085 Posts
Possibly corrosion in the fuse box that's causing open circuit issues. Or loose fuse holder terminals (if someone has stuck an "add-a-fuse" in it). You can check for the latter with a single spade terminal. It should be a tight fit in both sides of the fuse holder.

Welcome to TheDieselStop :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ty and I did not find anything to be loose and you kind of see a spark when it does decide to work. always have power to feed side of fuse, no clue what to check.next on other side of fuse

·
Super Moderator
25,085 Posts
Sparking sure sounds like a loose connection to me, or possibly corrosion.
If the connection is loose, a redneck fix (definitely not recommended, as it will make the terminals looser yet) is to put a slight twist in the fuse legs. The proper fix is to remove the fuse box and clean it up and possibly bend the fuse traces back to the proper position.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tried spade connectors.......all good.very snug. have power to fuse where would I go to next to trace circuit

1 - 6 of 6 Posts