The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost my dashboard lights on my 99 F250. Any thoughts as to where I should look and what I should be looking for? Has this been common in these trucks. I have had my F250 for just over a month now.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Do your tail lights work? It will be the same fuse (designed that way to alert you to tail lights out). Other causes could be the bright/dim control for the dash lights.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My tail lights work like they should and my dim switch is turned up as high as it can go. I do not have any dashboard lights at night. All my dummy lights work just fine also. It just seems to be the backlight that illuminates things at night.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
this may sound dumb but did you check the dimmer switch?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well upon further inspection my tail lights did not work. I had brake lights and signal lights but no tail lights. My fuse #8 I think was the culprit, I changed it and all seems good now. Thanks for all your advice!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK now I have a new issue. The 15A fuse blows very quickly. I just went through 3 of them and the longest lasted about ten minutes. The first blew when I let off the e-brake, then the next one lasted ten minutes and blew while I was out driving on the road. The next blew when I replaced it and closed the hood. What am I missing here? I recently had my brake controller switch from my old truck to this one could this be causing my problem somewhere? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
I have had this problem also, I replace the fuse, and sometimes it will blow in 10 minutes, other times it will be ok for a few weeks. I ahte electrical work and tracing wires, but i guess I have a short somewhere. I have heard of other Superduties with this problem, but I have never found a fix. it must be a semi-common problem....

·
Registered
3 Posts
All my lights work on my truck as well as dummy lights. My brights light illuminates but my dash does at all. I cant see any gauges at night. I checked all fuses and headlight/dimmer switch. Please help

·
Super Moderator
25,439 Posts
Here's the pinpoint tests for instrument illumination. If you don't have instrument panel lights and every thing else works, it points to pinpoint test C in the attached.
Hope that helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
All my lights work on my truck as well as dummy lights. My brights light illuminates but my dash does at all. I cant see any gauges at night. I checked all fuses and headlight/dimmer switch. Please help
I found fuse #20 under dash has no power at all. Do I need a new fuse box or is this fixable. I’m not sure if it will solve the issue or not.

·
Super Moderator
25,439 Posts
Fuse 20 is only hot when the ignition switch is in Start position. So unless you checked it with the key in Start, that would be normal.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts