The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm screwed. The no- English speaking gas jockey filled me w unleaded. I usually watch but this time...
Was 8 gal of diesel in tank and added 12 more of unleaded. Prob didn't fill due to frothing. Didn't know until a mile down the road and ran like %^)) but was able to limp home 10 miles. Insurance covering less $1k deductible if idiot gas station won't.
So what's best case and worst case for engine and injector damage? If insurance adjuster says flush and replace filters and it still runs should I hammer for injectors or anything else due to what's now premature wear? 70k miles on 2011.

·
Premium Member
15,105 Posts
The pump is damaged. If it hasn't chewed itself up yet, it's just a matter of time. Accept nothing less than a complete fuel system replacement. You're looking at a $12,000+ mistake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,501 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
You could demand a new motor. Could argue damage to the rings, etc etc.

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
You won't get a new motor. You'll get a reman'd one as they don't sell new ones. Might get something worse than what is in there. I doubt any insurance company would bite on saying yes to a new engine for wrong fuel used. Gasoline in diesel hurts fuel system and pretty quick engine shut down. Diesel in a gasoline causes cracked piston tops, broken and fallen off spark plug ceramic bits that score cylinder walls, and flex fuel fuel sensor damage (when equipped) if the diesel is not too high concentration. Too much diesel in a gasoline engine will cause shut down also.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts