The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At a standstill, drove my pickup 45 minutes, ran great. Sat for 3 hours and wouldn’t start right away, tried it a second time then it started but turned off after 2 seconds.

Tried it again and it ran fine backed up and shut off. Kept doing that a couple times but finally stayed on. Driving home it would hiccup and lose power for a split second. Did that the whole way until I was about 3 miles away from home where it completely shut off going 60-65. Would have to stop, put it in park for it to turn on again. Did that a few times but made it home. Now it cranks but does not start.

No codes were thrown, temps looked good, icp and ipr looked good. Opened fuel bowl and was getting fuel. Ficm on my monitor started at 20V but slowly climbed down to reach 0V after about 8 seconds without starting it. Sync also showed 0 while trying to start it. Wiggled wire harnesses still did the same thing. Pinpointed it to the ficm but my edge cts3 shows no codes which makes me second guess.

Any ideas before I order a new ficm?

Update…
New ficm was installed and it still reads 0V. Electrical issue? What should I do next? No injector clatter, ficm relay has a burnt prong and the terminal is also fried. Ordered a new relay and still nothing. At a loss now, help.

· Registered
5,904 Posts
You may need a new battery junction box ................

1 - 2 of 2 Posts