The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
02 f350 7.3 gauges are dead. Engine will turn over but no start. Blows fuse #42 when I turn key on. Radio works, interior lights, and windows all work with key in on position but dont when turned to accessory. Im at a total loss for what it can be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
14,748 Posts
So - fuse 42 is the delayed accessory pathway. That's what allows your radio, windows, etc. to stay on after you turn the key off. That circuit is actually built into the instrument cluster. There is a relay in that circuit that is known to go bad although usually, it causes the accessories to not work after the key is off. If this were me, I think I'd try to change the ignition switch to rule out the ACC position, and if that doesn't fix it, I'd pull the cluster and send it to these guys to have them check it out - https://circuitboardmedics.com/ford-instrument-cluster-repair/

·
Premium Member
14,748 Posts
What about the ignition switch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
02 f350 7.3 gauges are dead. Engine will turn over but no start. Blows fuse #42 when I turn key on. Radio works, interior lights, and windows all work with key in on position but dont when turned to accessory. Im at a total loss for what it can be. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Check fuse F2-33 (instrument panel) FOR POWER - should be battery voltage with the ignition in run or start. If no power, check fuse F2-58.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok got gauges back they said everything checked out on them. Replaced the ignition switch. And the shifter. Still nothing ugh im at a loss not sure where to go from here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts