The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the threads but have no answer to this question I have 2001 f350 7.3 the blower motor started to work sporadically now does not blow at all
blower motor works when direct connect to a power source. Replaced the resistor still no fan checked all fuses associated with blower motor and relay still no fan blower.
I have read many threads with similar question but no answer. Can anybody help?

Reactions: u_konreaper

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Have you checked the fan switch?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes we checked all the switches in dash replaced fan speed control switch nothing
has been going on for several months . No fan driving down road would come on turn truck off no fan almost seems like a short hasn't worked for several weeks now
Drove it about 350 miles no fan. everything seems to work except the fan blower doesn't blow air

·
Registered
412 Posts
bad wire/connection in plug - mouse damage or corrosion if you have eliminated all that

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think we have narrowed it down to the power distribution box. Is there a schematic of the power distribution box available? looks like a pin is missing in one of the slots for the relay for the
blower motor.

·
Super Moderator
25,880 Posts
That relay pin may just be bent out of connection with the relay. You might be able to take a sharp scribe tool and reach in and bend the terminal back into shape. There should be a schematic on each of the relays to show you which terminals are the control coil and which are the switched terminals.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That relay pin may just be bent out of connection with the relay. You might be able to take a sharp scribe tool and reach in and bend the terminal back into shape. There should be a schematic on each of the relays to show you which terminals are the control coil and which are the switched terminals.
That is what it looks like it is hard to see in the PDB not much room in there. Can the PDB be removed? looks like the pin on 87 is pushed in. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
25,880 Posts
There are a couple of sheet metal uprights that hold the PDB in place. I recall the main feed being bolted to the front. Remove that, then unclip the box from the uprights in the front (and back?) with a flat blade screwdriver and lift up. It's hard to get it all the way out with the wire harness connected, but doable. You'll need to split it apart (haven't done that) to get to the terminals inside.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts