The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
04.5, IPR goes to 83.9, hpop pressure doesnt build over 100 psi. Went in and redid injector seals, stand pipes and dummy plugs, new ipr etc. haven't checked STC but seems unlikely to be so coincidental. Cranked without stand pipe and had oil come up from stand tube hole. Air tested and hear Slight amount of air as I put a rubber hose to my ear but think it's just the air making its way through the oil rails. Guess it's time to pull it in figured I would find some revelation by now, any long shot tips from people who had a similar issue?

·
Registered
617 Posts
04.5, IPR goes to 83.9, hpop pressure doesnt build over 100 psi. Went in and redid injector seals, stand pipes and dummy plugs, new ipr etc. haven't checked STC but seems unlikely to be so coincidental. Cranked without stand pipe and had oil come up from stand tube hole. Air tested and hear Slight amount of air as I put a rubber hose to my ear but think it's just the air making its way through the oil rails. Guess it's time to pull it in figured I would find some revelation by now, any long shot tips from people who had a similar issue?
Have you tried to start it with the ICP disconnected?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I've personally never had any trouble with injector seals but I seem to recall a DieselTech Ron video comment where he said that he got a lot of business from guys who had changed injector seals. If you can hear air its coming from somewhere. I've only ever air tested once but it was quiet. In my case I hadn't completely purged the air from the rail so it was sealed but I was still getting long cranks. Figure out where that air is leaking out.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
04.5 doesn't have the trouble prone STC fitting. That is only on 05 and up. You still have the J tube on the HPOP discharge that sometimes leaks at the o-ring (just like the 03's and early 04's).

You need to post the KOEO and cranking ICP sensor volts to see what is ACTUALLY going on with the pressure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
04.5 doesn't have the trouble prone STC fitting. That is only on 05 and up. You still have the J tube on the HPOP discharge that sometimes leaks at the o-ring (just like the 03's and early 04's).

You need to post the KOEO and cranking ICP sensor volts to see what is ACTUALLY going on with the pressure.
Thank you guys, when I select ICP on the Torque app it shows up as Hpop pressure so I will need to find a different way to get voltage readings

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was able to add ICP voltage thanks to Money-Pit's post from 2014 and will post pictures with instructions for anyone else who may need it in the future.
Black Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property

Settings(gear symbol at main page)>Manage Extra Pids/Sensors>click 3 dots at top right corner which makes drop down menu>add custom pid>enter info exactly as it appears in the attatched picture>click ok..
I will try to get ICP voltage this evening thanks again for the help

1 - 7 of 7 Posts