The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a major fuel leak in my 97 F350 on my way to work the other day I wound up having to take the following day off work. I spent about 7 hours laying on top of my engine removing the turbo and waste gate so I could get to the fuel fittings going into the back of the engine off from the fuel yolk.

After all was said and done I got the truck started and went inside to change. After I got back in the truck I noticed my oil gauge was not working but the truck was running fine and I knew there was plenty of oil in the truck. I drove it home and it ran like a top. I shut it off and now it won't start (going on two days now). I was curious if the oil gauge not working would cause the no start.

If anyone has any suggestions or helpful ideas it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
10,925 Posts
Generally no since the gauge is really just a glorified idiot light. It doesn't display pressure other than if it is above a setpoint like 6 psi, where it just reads mid scale (the sender is really only a switch, so it's state is only OFF or ON). If you do not have sufficient oil pressure for the gauge to register, then yes it would be related. Is the Wait-to-Start light coming on? Is the Check Engine Light illuminated? Check the main oil level. Cheers!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply I got the truck running again (combo weak batteries and bad glow plug solenoid). Also the oil gauge works again didn't do anything to it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts