The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys I'm back. First off I was having a no start issue/ then no power issue about 6 months back a new pcm fixed it all.

It ran good till about 2 months ago. I was driving around just fine then turned a corner and pushed the gas no power at all and running horrible. Limped to about a block to my moms house turned it off. Tried to start it back up just cranked. Tried to pull codes says no codes even though ses is on (I can always pull one code that won't go away for my IAT but now I can't even pull that). After some listening and messing with it figured it was my fuel pump. Replaced it started right up. I also swapped out my thermostat and housing since I was already working on it. Drove it home seemed to be driving different and not a good different. Took it out the next day noticed a loss of power. Messed with the map sensor I installed just a little bit before the PCM swap. Just a very small change in power with it unplugged.

Fast forward to today (hadn't started it or messed with it for about 2-3 weeks) I try to start it takes a couple times but it starts up idles very rough for awhile around 10-15 mins then with some revving and stuff it smooths out. Seems to be ok. So I put it in drive try to go out of my yard. I'm not kidding here it went slow as turtle to my gate you could have beat me walking. Get to my gate push the brakes almost dies and starts idleing like it's having a seizure and sounds horrible. Put it in reverse it goes even slower backwards push the brake and same thing. Turn it off try to pull codes still can't pull anything at all even my intermediate IAT code still. Unplug and plug back in my UVCH and still rough. Unplug one at a time and try to start can't start with either side unplugged. And now after I did it to the right side it won't start at all just cranks. And now my oil/ coolant temp light and battery light are staying on never did that before.

Have icp unpligged already and nothing still

Can't monitor anything with my scanner besides map hg and rpm

Do you think I need a new pcm already? Never installed my chip to this pcm.

Sorry for long post just want you guys to have all the details.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
628 Posts
There are more knowledgeable folks here than me but...
Will your scanner run any tests? I'd start with an injector buzz test. If it won't even do that I'd unplug and reseat the pcm. Try all again... if still no go, steal a pcm out of a friends truck for testing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it won't run test like that and I took it out and put it back in stil nothing. Also I don't know anyone else with a 7.3 just 6.0s or 6.7s

1 - 3 of 3 Posts