The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I've got a head scratcher lol.. A buddy at work called me monday(we have different work locations) and was having a no start condition on his 06 f-250, I took my scan gaugeII hooked it up and tried to crank it..truck has sat 10hrs other than him trying to start it a few times.... Battery at 12volts FICM 48.5 before and while trying to crank... and i see the crank/cam sensors are syncing up as well as the IPR going to 70% but the ICP is only showing 232 psi...I unplugged the ICP and it fires right up.. easy fix... HE drives home, I get a call the next morning... truck would not start after he got home and again the next morning, So after work yesterday he calls again says he plugged the ICP back in and drove it to take his son to pee wee football practice and its dead in the water again. I drove to the field about 2 mins from my house and hook the SGII up same thing except now were only seeing 41% on the IPR valve... disconnect the ICP,Still no start, reconnect the ICP fires up...I'm scratching my head because I've heard of people driving for 2 years without the ICP connected.. and he's having to disconnect and connect everytime he starts his truck. He ordered a new ICP sensor but if this doesn't fix it I'd hate to start throwing parts at it we all know how expensive that can get.. any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
5,427 Posts
I would get a new connector also.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Is the truck EGR deleted? The reason I ask is because the same thing happened to a friend of mine and his problem was a stuck open EGR valve.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dillon134, Yes it has been deleted... I'm really at a loss of what could cause this...I know what the ICP sends signal too and my first guess was the IPR valve because he had the Oil cooler replaced about 3 months ago.. is it possible that the IPR and ICP have gotten trash in them? I havent pulled the IPR to look at the screen yet

·
Registered
808 Posts
IPR valves can look fine but be faulty. Most folks instruct people to just clean our the IPR Screen but if the screen was ripped before then some debris could be causing problems for the valve to open and close. Also the entire valve can be dirty internally and it is difficult to get it clean. I did a bunch of work to my 6.0 and it still was struggling to start. I ordered a new IPR valve from "Auto Nation - White Bear Lake Ford" and the problem was resolved.

Check out this video:

https://youtu.be/qS3L1RX_boQ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts