The Diesel Stop banner

No start when warm (random)

755 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Kld 
#1 ·
2002 7.3 143k, about 2 months ago stopped for a beer on way home and no start, on last try fired up ran fine, today stopped for breakfast on way sledding and again no start. Got a ride home and came back to tow and it fired. Runs great, new fuel filter,new batteries. Used starting fluid today and would pop off but die, so no fuel, I know not a good idea but I know it's a fuel issue now. Thinking cps or ipr. Any help appreciated. First time temps in 50's and today in teens.

#2 ·
First, pls do not use starting fluid again, bad thing can happen if the glow plugs light up the fluid at the wrong time.

If the truck start when cold and not when warm, this might be your ipr, do you have any way to monitor icp and ipr?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
Oh I will won't use either again, I don't have anyway to monitor ipr or pic. Did not know that was possible. After first time it happened took it to a buddies shop and he hooked his fancy scanner up and did not find anything wrong. Fresh oil change with synthetic and is full. Pickup sat for a long time before I purchased so thought maybe a fluke deal. Take it to remote areas with no cell service so need to get resolved.

#5 ·
You can check at your icp. Disconnect the pigtail and look for oil in the connection, if so well you icp is on is way out. You can try cranking with icp unplug the next time it happen.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.