The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question- what exactly is the truck supposed to do in the No Start position? My truck will start but act like its missing really bad. Do I have a problem or is that normal?

·
Premium Member
15,124 Posts
It shouldn't start at all - you might have something feeding a combustable in spite of the injectors not firing- like oil in the CCV, o-ring leaks, or something.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As RT stated, the truck should not start at all in No-Start. Are you sure you are in No-Start(position 0)?
I am 100% positive it is in position "0" (No Start). I can take a video of you'd like.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Quick question- what exactly is the truck supposed to do in the No Start position? My truck will start but act like its missing really bad. Do I have a problem or is that normal?

Let me ask a couple of questions-

Can you drive it?

Did you buy the chip directly from us or from a dealer? Used?

No start has zero fuel in the program. It should not allow the truck to start.

Worse case scenario is you have leaky injectors allowing fuel to dump in the cylinder just enough to be able to start up. This will be caused by a damaged o-ring or from ULSD ruining them.

Have you experienced anything like hard starting or excessive smoke at start up in the other tunes before?

Let us know

Diane

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let me ask a couple of questions-

Can you drive it?

Did you buy the chip directly from us or from a dealer? Used?

No start has zero fuel in the program. It should not allow the truck to start.

Worse case scenario is you have leaky injectors allowing fuel to dump in the cylinder just enough to be able to start up. This will be caused by a damaged o-ring or from ULSD ruining them.

Have you experienced anything like hard starting or excessive smoke at start up in the other tunes before?

Let us know

Diane
Hi Diane,

I have not tried to drive it while in the No Start position. The truck just barely runs while this is happening. To me it sounds like a really mean engine lope or a really bad miss...lol. I do know that I can repeatedly start it in the No Start position and it will do the same thing every time.

As far as hard starting and such in the other tunes. No, everything else seems fine and the truck will start perfectly fine even after sitting for a week or so.

And yes, I bought the chip directly from you about 2 months ago.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
Hi Diane,

I have not tried to drive it while in the No Start position. The truck just barely runs while this is happening. To me it sounds like a really mean engine lope or a really bad miss...lol. I do know that I can repeatedly start it in the No Start position and it will do the same thing every time.

As far as hard starting and such in the other tunes. No, everything else seems fine and the truck will start perfectly fine even after sitting for a week or so.

And yes, I bought the chip directly from you about 2 months ago.
Ok

Now try driving in pos. 0. It should cut off and die.

I would have CCT done to make sure. Fuel s collecting in a cylinder to help make it start.

Diane

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok

Now try driving in pos. 0. It should cut off and die.

I would have CCT done to make sure. Fuel s collecting in a cylinder to help make it start.

Diane
CCT? I'm not sure what that is.

Thanks for caring enough to help me. Even more thanks for helping me on a holiday. I appreciate everything.

·
Premium Member
1,469 Posts
CCT? I'm not sure what that is.

Thanks for caring enough to help me. Even more thanks for helping me on a holiday. I appreciate everything.

Cylinder contribution test

You are welcome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts