The Diesel Stop banner

No Start

977 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  RT 
#1 ·
Hey all, I have a pre 99 250 with Beans turbo, stage 1 injectors with jody tipton tunes. 80 hp econo.
Pulled into parts store of all places and the truck wouldn't start. IT turns over and the tach will register when turning over. there was a wierd clicking noise when trying to start it but it went away.
Check some of the obvious fuses and all looked good there on first pass. Hooked up AE an saw a few codes

When I ran KOEO got
P0472 Exhaust pressure sensor low
P0113 Intake air temp cir high input
P0475 Exhaust pressure control valve
P0605 internal control module read only memory ROM error
P1668 PCM/IDM communications error

That last one has me concerned. Looking at other post and some have had that last one but run ok.
Any thoughts on what to check next? Like I said it ran fine until I tried to start it again and nothing, no warning or anything.
Had to have it towed home so I now have some yard art until I can (with you all help) figure this out.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
After having it towed back to my house noticed it was cranking slower quicker that before. Charged up the battery. Yes the one battery was 65 percent the other was still 95. charged battery and it started. So I replaced the battery and all good there. Still the last error code about idm is kinda concerning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.