The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello brilliant minds!
I have a 93 f350 7.3 factory turbo, 5 speed, 161,000 miles, great truck and virtually problem free. Today I pulled in to fuel it up, I left it idling as I topped it off. I was nearly finished and the engine sputtered, then stalled all together.
I finished filling, jumped in to start it and the engine freely turned over but would not start.
I unscrewed the fuel filter which was about a third full, I topped it off, replaced it and no go.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated, I'm just really puzzled by this.
Thanks very much!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Can you hear the fuel shut off click when turn the key on? Was tank empty when started to fuel. Any smoke coming out exhaust like it is trying to start or is getting fuel? Just have to check the basics . Pretty much will start if have power and fuel. If got air in the system can take a bit to restart.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Randy, I'm not sure about the fuel shutoff click, I hear the glow plug clicks, no smoke though. It sounds like a fuel issue because of how fast it turns over. It wasn't empty when I pulled in, I was a bit over a 1/4 tank.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Check the fuel output it might be that the lift pump failed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the fuel output it might be that the lift pump failed.
Thanks everyone for the help. The truck was parked in a private lot and I had no choice but to move it, so I had it brought to my mechanic for diagnosis. I'll update you all with whatever it turns out to be. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts