The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 6.4 Powerstroke, just hit 110K and recently fixed an oil pressure problem.

Twice in a row, after starting the truck I would have had absolutely no power, I was not hauling, just trying to accelerate past 35mph (I did not stomp the gas, it's very obvious there was a problem). My turbo gauge also would not spool except for a slight wiggle effectively reading zero. Once it started working before I was able to pull over, the second time I pulled over and right before I turned around, it started working, I got it home and now here I am. When it starts working again, you cannot tell that there is any problem. There are no funny sounds, running or at startup, just no turbo.

I just fixed a problem where the check valve in the oil filter housing popped out, causing it to lose pressure at idle. Truck is now due for an oil change.

Secondly, I have had problems with the radiator, it is cracked, leaks slowly but I constantly refill it.

I'm lost, does anyone have any suggestions?

I promise to update everyone with anything that develops!

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I'm not an Expert.

Seems your truck is going into limp mode. When it happens again try using the cruise control, the PCM will disable the cruise when in limp mode.
You should have your truck scanned for DTC codes. if your truck went into limp mode a Code was stored. I had the same thing happen to me and it was the EGR valve sticking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm having a similar problem. I was driving, no real big problems. My radiator is also cracked but I add coolant as well. All of a sudden, my truck went into said the infamous "cleaning exhaust filter" and went into limp mode, no throttle respouse at all, idling at 1400, check engine light says P0653, sensor b voltage high, generic code. I have replaced egr valve, all 3 EGT sensors, EOP sensor, cleaned EBP sensor and tube, and unplugged PCM. No change at all. It will drive great when it's cold, but as soon as it heats up, I randomly get the issue and it won't go away until it cools, I reset the codes and cycle the key. I don't know what else to check.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts