The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new on this forum so sorry if this is the wrong section but.

Heres the run down of my Excursion

7.3l swamps 200cc/30% , 38r, 6pos chip (was ts but swamps reflashed)

I just had a transmission put in it, and after picking it up i saw the o/d light was flashing after it shifted from 1st to 2nd for the first time after being started.

So i asked a guy at work to scan it with his scanner not snap on but its the ipad looking one.

tried to scan it ... no luck ... i said well let me unplug my chip maybe that was it, i was wrong . scanner wouldnt connect to the obd2 for what ever reason.

So i said oh well ill figure it out at a later day plugged the chip in and screwed it all back up. I went to leave work today and my Theft light stayed flashing,SES light was on and stays on , the Wait to start light isnt on at all,

I unhooked the PATS module so the theft light and all that is not a question.

SES light is beyond me i have a cheap 50$ scanner that always works for code reading and i get an error message with or without the chip on.

No wait to start light is beyond me also due to hearing the glow plugs cycle.

The truck will crank but wont start as if there is no fuel.

Its stuck at my work which is a collision center for a ford dealer so if i cant figure it out its going to the service center

I have a feeling knowing my luck is the PCM since i cant get cheap fixes but im open to all suggestions.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Did they hook up all the sensors for the trans?

A flashing od light means their is stored codes.
Check the fuse for the Pcm. I think it's #30? A quick search will tell you.

·
Super Moderator
26,497 Posts
What year? If it's a 2000 it may have the cheesy fuel heater that shorts out and takes out the PCM fuse. That would be fuse #30 that blue99 was talking about. If it is blown, unplug the fuel heater at the base of the fuel filter bowl, replace the fuse and see what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did they hook up all the sensors for the trans?

A flashing od light means their is stored codes.
Check the fuse for the Pcm. I think it's #30? A quick search will tell you.
idk if they hooked up the sensors i would imagine but ill have to check once i figure this no start issue out.
i want to say i checked that fuse it was good but ill check again today

What year? If it's a 2000 it may have the cheesy fuel heater that shorts out and takes out the PCM fuse. That would be fuse #30 that blue99 was talking about. If it is blown, unplug the fuel heater at the base of the fuel filter bowl, replace the fuse and see what happens.
Its a 2001 ill check but im pretty sure ive checked all fuses

·
Registered
131 Posts
idk if they hooked up the sensors i would imagine but ill have to check once i figure this no start issue out.
i want to say i checked that fuse it was good but ill check again today

Its a 2001 ill check but im pretty sure ive checked all fuses
Check the fuse with a multimeter or test light. I've had fuses that passed the visual "doesn't look blown" test, but were no good.

Easy thing to do is swap it with another fuse with the same amp rating that isn't essential just to see if anything changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts