The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 F350 6.4 turbo, engine light came on two days ago and now no power. while going up any hill, when I depress the gas pedal nothing,doesn't respond, almost feels like it's not connected. Plus getting on the hi-way it doesn't want to shift into higher gear. The other problem was the dash read "Drive while cleaning exhaust"

HELP Thanks

·
Vendor
612 Posts
Gotta get it checked out by someone that knows what they're doing. If the light's on, there's a code. This code does not mean "throw a part at it", it means the computer is unhappy about "whatever". A real technician uses this info to make an accurate diagnosis and a subsequent proper repair. You can't get that from Autozone...or for free.

One more thing to remember... If you Pay someone to Diagnose your vehicle, they should be able to answer Three Questions; What's wrong with it, How much is going to cost to fix and When will it be done. If you don't get satisfactory answers to those Three Questions, you're not getting what you paid for...period.

Bottom line, get some qualified help.

Come down to the Free part of the country sometime and see what that's like.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind when I talk to the mechanic tomorrow. And yes I've been down your way many times and have southern living planned for the near future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts