I have a 2002 f250 7.3 with the following upgrades

Ram air banks intake
4 inch mbpr exhaust
Exhaust back pressure delete off pedestal
Garrett turbo 38R
Riff raff overboost map sensor fooler
DP tuner running on 80hp daily driver
Edge monitor

My current problem. one more I left and ran the truck and it would not boost passed 21psi. Later in the day drove the truck and my boost hit 35 psi. And since then only boosting 21psi. My last upgrades were the turbo , bosch hpop , new IPR , new ICP and the overboost fooler.

Any idea why I only boosted 35psi for that one drive then went away?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Any chance you have a leak on some of the boots?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went thru all the boots. Acetone on all pipes and all brand new boots and clamps

·
Premium Member
14,798 Posts
Where are you measuring boost? From a gauge or through the MAP sensor? If a gauge, where is it plugged in? Could be a wastegate issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm measuring it with a sensor at the spider , I'm going to unplug my waste gate today and just cap the ends and see if that helps

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm measuring it with a sensor at the spider , I'm going to unplug my waste gate today and just cap the ends and see if

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Capped the vacuum lines on the waste gate , ran a few different tunes on my dp tuner. Still only getting 21 psi. I have no codes and even hit clear codes before testing just incase

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
"Sensor?" You aren't using a mechanical gauge?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No I have a digital one from edge running from the spider into my edge monitor

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took my overboost regulator off and put the stock hose inline to the map sensor and got 25 psi out of it. But then my readings were at 12psi and it definitely had more boost then that

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I think you could have a faulty sensor/gauge.
Go get a cheap mechanical gauge.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,798 Posts
Could still have a bad wastegate controller. Like a weak or is adjusted spring. I went with a full mechanical wastegate and can hit mid 30s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Grabbed a mechanical gauge hooked up for a test . With the stock hose in the map sensor blew fuse # 116 which is 1 of 2 ignition switches. I know I'm all over the place with what in doing. Mechanical gauge was garbage would barely read 5 psi . Truck is running good. psi still tops out at 21psi and absolute pressure shows 35 psi . Maybe I just have a bad sensor. I emailed Jody. I'm curious if he writes code in his tunes that handles the map sensor. I'll update after he gets back to me

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I talked with jody from DP-tuner. In the codes he writes he takes care of the defueling issue but nothing at the map sensor. He suggest buying a new sensor and or wiring the wastegate shut. Another issue I'm having with all of this is , it seems im not getting enough air through my intake . I have a fresh filter on my banks ram air. The spring check valve on this side of the intake keeps being sucked down. Jody suggested the S&B intake claiming the banks pulls in less air then the stock intake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts