The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems the 2015 has a little more power, is a little louder and so far fuel mileage is almost exactly 2 mpg less than my 2012 under same driving conditions. Everything else seems very similar.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I've noticed the same performance changes with my '15 F-450 compared to my '12 F-450. From the first drive I realized the '15 was a much quieter, more refined and a very solid feeling truck compared to the '12. Not that the '12 wasn't a great truck but the '15 is better. After driving it for a year I still like it better than any other truck I've ever owned.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I believe that the 2015 has 40 more HP and 60 Pounds more torque then the 2012. It also has bigger brake rotors.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My 2012 was quieter and got better fuel mileage so far. The 2015 definitely runs stronger.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Drive train wise, my 15' is identical to what my 11' was.. Differences i have noticed, the 15' has a bit more down the highway power, and a bit better fuel mileage.. It does not seem to consume quite as much def either.. The 15' does not have the wind noise around the window, that the 11' had under certain conditions.. The 11' was a bit quieter or perhaps just had less of a rattle.. The 11' had more up to speed power at lower rpms also.. The 15' also takes longer to regen when it does, and robs some very noticeable power if it does it while towing at lower speeds..

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I sure hope my fuel mileage increases with some miles. It seems to be way behind the 2012.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I'm also down a mile or two in mpg vs my 2011

That extra HP comes at a cost.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm also down a mile or two in mpg vs my 2011

That extra HP comes at a cost.
I'll be honest -- I've never understood this; it should only come at a cost if you are actually using that extra HP.... and in most driving situations you should not be diving into the throttle deep enough to consume that extra HP.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
Seems the 2015 has a little more power, is a little louder and so far fuel mileage is almost exactly 2 mpg less than my 2012 under same driving conditions. Everything else seems very similar.
I made the same "upgrade" when I went from 2012 to 2015, really like the improved power and larger turbo, with exhaust brake. I also went from Lariat to Platinum, which was I really enjoy.

Funny, I tell everyone the same story about MPG and a 2 MPG:icon_rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts